Here is a recipe for a simple, quick pumpkin soup without cream. It can be good hot treat to elder or filling food for toddler. Ingredients list is very short in fact. Hurry up, try in your kitchen.
Pumpkin pieces – 1 cup
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Milk – ½ cup
Water – 3 cups
Salt – 1/2 tbsp (or as per taste)
Pepper powder – ¼ tbsp. or as required
Corn flour – 1 spoon (optional)
- Choose tender pumpkin, which will enhance the taste of the soup.
- Wash and cut pumpkin into pieces with the skin if tender. Otherwise peel the hard skin and cut.
- In a pressure cooker, cook the pumpkin pieces and garlic cloves with 2 cups of water (1 whistle is sufficient). Once done, allow to cool.
- Blend this to smooth paste in a regular mixer or food processor.
- Add milk to this. Add water as required to adjust the consistency. It will be tastier if it is of thicker consistency (that of any creamy soup).
- If you are using corn flour, dissolve it in ¼ cup of water and add to the pumpkin mixture. Bring the mixture to boil. Add salt and pepper powder.
- Reduce pepper if you are feeding this soup to a baby. Serve this hot soup with bread/ Rusk or toast.