It is summer & it is the season of mangoes. Try this summer special seasonal tambuli this season which is a wonderful appetizer during hot summer days.
This tambuli is a summer specialty in Mangalore region. During this time of the year,people are busy making tender wild mango pickles called midi upplinakai. This tambuli will be found a regular part of menu. Find the quick recipe in this post.
Raw Mango pieces (Preferred totapuri, banganpalli, Nekkare, wild mango) – ¼ or 1/2 of medium mango, depending on sourness & size of mango
Fresh grated Coconut - ¼ cup
Fresh Curds/ Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
Red chilli – 2, You can also use green chillis or pepper
Oil – 1 spoon
Mustard seeds - ½ spoon
Curry leaves - 1 small strand
- Grind coconut, chopped mango, 1 chilli, salt together to a smooth paste.
- Add curds/ buttermilk to the ground paste.
- Add water and adjust the consistency to that of buttermilk.
- In a tempering pan, heat oil, add mustard and chilli flakes. When starts spluttering, add curry leaves, switch of the stove and season the tambuli.
- Serve as a side dish with cooked rice.
Post a Comment