Carrot kheer is a very simple dessert which can be prepared quickly. It can be served anytime in a day. It works as cold drink (or milkshake) or hot payasam. It is nutritionally rich and a good food for toddlers. This recipe is with almonds, making it more special and protein rich.
Preparation time – 1 hour (soaking time)
Cooking time- 15 mins
Carrots – 2 (Large)
Milk – 1 cup
Almonds/ Badam – 15
Sugar – ½ cup (as per taste)
Cashews – 10
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Soak Almonds in water for an hour. Peel them off and keep aside.
- Wash, peel carrots and chop them roughly. Cook in a pressure cooker with little water. When done, let it cool.
- Take almonds and cooked carrot pieces in a mixer jar and grind to smooth paste.
- Transfer to a vessel. Add a glass of water, sugar and boil well.
- Add milk and bring to a boil.
- Dry roast cashews and add to the boiling kheer. Add cardamom powder. Switch of the stove.
- Serve hot or chilled!