This post is especially to welcome the summer that is arriving in few days. This tambli cools & cleanses body and gives a refreshing feel. This can be prepared with core/ tirulu (with seeds) of green/ yellow cucumber. Or one can use whole cucumber in this recipe if it is tender. This is a way to use tirulu than throwing it off. Click for the recipe of cucumberkottige/ kadubu, click here for cucumber idli recipe. Look for the recipe of Cucumber cupcakes and cucumber dosa
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Core of cucumber or southekai tirulu (with seeds) – ¼ cup
Grated fresh coconut – ¼ cup
Cumin seeds or jeera – ¼ tsp
Pepper – ¼ tsp or green chilli -1 (I prefer pepper)
Butter milk or curds – 1 cup
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red chilli – 1
Oil – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
- Extract the core of the cucumber while cutting it for other recipes. Preserve it separately. It can be stored for one or two days if refrigerated in air tight container.
- Take the cucumber core, grated coconut, cumin, pepper or green chilli and salt in a mixer jar. Grind them to smooth paste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add butter milk or curds. Adjust the consistency as per your need by adding water.
- Prepare a seasoning of mustard, red chilli, curry leaves in oil. Add it to the tambli.
- Enjoy the fresh tambli with rice or drink by making it of running consistency.