This is the recipe which I could recollect from one of the TV shows long ago! I tried to re-create that with some self-thought ingredients. It turned out really good. If you like potatoes & mayonnaise, it is a must try kind of recipe.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Baby potatoes/ small potatoes – 8
Spring onions – 1-2 stalks (optional)
Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Any herb – 2 tsp (if you are using fresh or 1 tsp dry herbs), I used fresh maruga
Ground Pepper – ¼ tsp
Salt – a pinch
Oil for frying
Stage 1: Preparing potatoes
- Wash and pressure cook baby potatoes. Let pressure settle down completely & allow cooling.
- Now fry potatoes, you can follow either shallow frying or deep frying method. I fried them using less oil, 2 tbsp (shallow fried). To do so,
- Take oil in a wok and heat. Add the cooked whole (or halved) baby potatoes and fry until they turn to golden brown. Sprinkle little salt on potatoes.
Stage 2: Preparing the sauces
- Wash and chop spring onions fine. Chop fresh herb too very fine.
- Take a serving bowl. Mix milk, mayonnaise, pepper powder & herbs.
- Add fried potatoes at the end and mix well. Garnish with spring onions and serve.
- It can be a good starter or even goes well with pooris. Keep refrigerated for later use.