Hello, I am happy to share a sweet recipe here as this is my 100th post in this blog. Thanks for supporting all the way by giving your valuable feedback! Be happy reading and following the recipes.
This is a recipe to prepare sabudana/ tapioca pearls halwa or pudding. Click for the recipes of Sabakki Payasa / Sabudana Kheer and Sabudana/Tapioca Pearls Kichdi. Prepare this simple sweet and share happiness.
Preparation time: 4 hours
Cooking time: 20-40 minutes
Sabudana/ Tapioca pearls – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1½ cup
Ghee/ Melted butter – ¼ cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
Dry fruits chopped – 2 tsp
Raisins – 1 tsp
- Soak tapioca pearls/ Sabakki for 3-4 hours. Drain water once done.
- Fry the dry fruits & raisins with a tsp of ghee and keep aside.
- Heat 4tbsp ghee in a wok or kadai, add soaked sabudana and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 cup milk and cook sabudana stirring frequently to avoid sticking. Adjust the water quantity depending on the sabudana you are using. It should be cooked properly and should become translucent.
- When water/ liquid is absorbed completely and sabudana is cooked, add sugar. Stir continuously adding a tsp of ghee at a time when it sticks to bottom.
- It is done when the halwa starts leaving the wok & ghee is released. Add fried dry fruits and cardamom powder, mix well & switch off the heat. Transfer to the serving bowl.
- Enjoy the sweet with your family or friends!!