Hello friends, it’s been a while since I posted a recipe here. Today I am back with a simple but healthy summer recipe to welcome the summer Shivratri is over, and we can officially welcome summer nowJ. Now it is our responsibility to nourish our body with juicy seasonal fruits and hydrate ourselves with adequate liquids. Our food should be light for digestion and should have enough water contents too. This helps in hydrating, improved digestion and hence keeping us healthy.
Preferred food articles – any seasonal fruits & vegetable based diet, tender coconut, fruit juices preferably sugar free. Today I am sharing one such simple recipe of tender coconut juice which is a famous summer drink in Coastal Karnataka. We call tender coconut as "bonda", hence the name bonda juice. It is easy to make delicious and healthy too.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (if tender coconut is ready)
Serves – 2
Tender coconut – 1 (with about 2 glasses of water
Tender coconut meat/ malai – 2-3 tbsp (available in the used tender coconut)
Lemon juice/ Heralekai juice – 2-3 tsp (of 1 lemon)
Sugar/ honey/ jaggery powder – as per taste
Ice cubes – to serve (optional)
- Pour tender coconut juice to juice making jar of mixer grinder or juicer.
- Collect the tender coconut meat and add that too to the same jar. Soft/ medium coconut meat gives very good taste to this juice.
- Add lemon juice, choice of sweetener to the same juice and blend everything together. Few chunks of tender coconut flesh is fine to have and the enhances the taste of the juice.
- Transfer juice to serving glasses. Serve juice with added ice cubes optionally.
- If the tender coconut used is having less water, then you can add little water. Recommended to make this juice only with tender coconut water for the best taste.
- You can also sprinkle a pinch of cumin powder or use few mint leaves while making this juice.