Pineapple or ananas is a tasty fruit goes well in juice, sweets and also curries. My mother prepared it in summer holidays for us and we liked it. It tastes good with sweet & tangy flavor. Hence sharing this simple recipe with you.
Check here for the recipes of Fresh Pineapple Juice/ Ananas Juice, Pineapple Coconut Chutney, PineappleSheera/ Pineapple Semolina Halwa..
Pineapple pieces – 1 cup (finely chopped)
Thick coconut milk – 1 cup
Jaggery/ Sugar - ¾ cup, adjust according to taste and sweetness of pineapple
Rice flour/ Corn flour – 1 tsp (optional)
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Peel off pineapple & chop it very fine.
- Cook the pineapple pieces with little water or thin coconut milk. Check here for the process of extracting coconut milk.
- Add sugar/ jaggery when pineapple is cooked. Boil well.
- If you like thicker kheer, add 1 tsp corn/rice flour with little cold water and mix without lumps and add to the boiling kheer.
- Add thick coconut milk at the end, bring to a boil. Sprinkle cardamom powder. Switch off the stove.
Serve hot or cold payasam/ kheer.
Post a Comment