This healthy & nutritious hot soup is perfect for the sudden craving of soup. It makes a best remedy for the sore throat & runny nose with richness of coriander & lemons containing high vitamin C level. Coriander leaves are also great source of iron & fibre.
I am happy that I used fresh coriander leaves from garden and it smells great!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 bowls
Fresh Coriander leaves (with stem) – ½ cup
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp (as per taste)
Potato – 1 boiled & pureed with water or you can use either of vegetable stock/ Rice starch
Onion – 1 (medium), finely chopped
- Clean & wash coriander leaves. Chop fine with stem.
- Squeeze & collect 2 tsp lemon juice from a medium lemon.
- Cook chopped potato with water and puree it well. You can use the starch collected from boiled rice/ barley or other cereal (ganji) instead of potato. Or you can go for vegetable stock.
- Keep 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves for garnishing. Take remaining leaves in the mixer jar and grind coarsely to get the paste (not very smooth) adding little liquid from the above step.
- Now take chopped onions in a vessel,add coriander paste, potato puree/ starch and required amount of water (about 2 glasses). Boil until onions are cooked & soft.
- Add salt & pepper powder.
- Add chopped coriander leaves retained for garnishing.
- Switch off the heat. At last, add in the lemon juice.
- Serve the steaming hot soup and feel refreshed.