This is a herbal pasta recipe which is very rich with the generous measure of cheese and a healthy herb! This mouth-watering Italian cuisine goes well as main course or as evening snack for hungry kids. The use of a herb Indian borage gives the flavour that of oregano and helps as a healthy content to the diet. The taste of the dish very much resembles to Lasagna, we can also call this dish as Indo Italian no bake Lasagna!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Macaroni – 2 cups
Cheese (cube/ block) – 100 grams, grated
Milk – 1 cup
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Cinnamon powder – ¼ t-spoon
Apple - 1, big
Salt – 1 t-spoon, adjust according to taste
Pepper powder – ¼ t-spoon
Indian borage leaves – 2
Corn flour – 1 t-spoon
Oil – 2 t-spoons
Fresh Sweet corn – ¼ cup
- Cook macaroni by following the guidelines of manufacturer. Drain water and keep aside.
- Peel and chop onions finely.
- Cut apple into halves, remove the core with seeds. Chop unpeeled apple into small pieces. Keep it separate.
- Wash and chop Indian Borage herb or Dodda Patre leaves very fine. (This gives the fresh aroma of oregano! And very healthy herb for kids against cold/cough)
- Take a pan, heat cooking oil in it. Add Cinnamon powder and chopped herb. Fry until raw smell of the herb goes off.
- Add onions, salt and fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add sweet corn to it and fry for a minute. Add pepper powder.
- Dissolve corn flour in 1 cup of milk at room temperature and keep it ready.
- When onion & sweet corn is done with a fry, add the prepared milk which has the dissolved corn flour. When milk boils and sauce thickens a bit, add the chopped apple and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta carefully in order to retain its shape.
- Switch off the stove and carefully mix the pasta well with sauce.
- Top* with the grated cheese and cover the pan with a lid. Heat it for 5 minutes or until the cheese melt down.
- Serve this yummy Apple Cinnamon cheesy pasta hot.
*Note: The step of topping and melting the cheese can also be done in a microwave oven. After mixing the pasta with sauce, transfer it to a microwave safe bowl. Top with cheese and microwave for 1 minute.