Fenugreek seeds have the cooling property and it is good to use in winter. It has lot of health benefits. It helps in balancing blood glucose level in diabetics. Chewing few fenugreek seeds soaked in water helps in treating mouth ulcers. Look here for the post on ‘Home remedies formouth ulcers’.
Preparation time: 10-12 hours
Serves: 16-20 dosas
Dosa rice – 4 cups
Urad dal – ¼ cup
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ cup
Curds/ buttermilk – 1 cup
Jaggery – 2 tbsp (optional)
Salt - to taste
Ghee & Oil – to prepare dosa
- Wash dosa rice & urad dal and soak in water for minimum 4 hours.
- In a separate bowl, wash fenugreek seeds and soak in curds/ buttermilk. Keep covered.
- Grind soaked rice, dal & fenugreek seeds with the buttermilk in which the fenugreek is soaked. Add required water, salt & jaggery(optional) while grinding. Make a smooth batter of normal dosa batter consistency.
- Allow fermenting overnight (about 6-8 hours minimum).
- Morning, heat the iron griddle, apply little oil and spread a ladleful batter on tava to make the dosa.
- Cook covered. Once done, apply little ghee and flip to cook other side.
- Serve hot dosa with choice of chutney.