This snack/ breakfast is very tasty with the aroma of cucumber, onions & other spices. The batter preparation is very similar top Cucumber spicy dosa.
You can serve this with any chutney, green chutney is ideal combination.
Look for the recipe of Cucumber neer dosa, Cucumber kadubu or kottige, Cucumber idli, Cucumber jaggery cake, Cucumber core tambuli and cucumber cup cakes (muffins).
Also check recipe for the sweet guli appa (paddu) here.
Preparation time: 2 - 4 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Rice- 1.5 cups
Cucumbers – 2 (small)
Green chilli – 1 or 2, adjust to your taste
Ginger – ½ inch
Onions - 1
Salt – to taste
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped)
Ghee & Oil – for preparing paddus
- Wash & soak rice for 2 - 4 hours.
- Chop onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves and 1 green chilli and keep aside.
- Peel off and deseed cucumber if using yellow ripe cucumber. Otherwise if cucumber is tender, use it right away.
- Chop cucumbers finely, mix little salt and keep aside.
- Wash the soaked rice once and drain water.
- Take rice, 1 green chilli and ginger in mixer jar (wet), grind to smooth paste. Add a fistful of chopped cucumber and water oozed from it to the rice while grinding.
- Consistency of the batter should be of regular dosa batter.
- To this batter, add chopped cucumber, chopped coriander leaves & curry leaves, curds, chopped onions and mix well.
- Heat the paddu making pan on medium flame.
- Drop ½ tsp of oil/ ghee on each form (mould).
- When oil is hot & starts boiling, drop 1 tbsp. of batter into it (guli).
- Cook covered for 1-2 minutes, flip off with a spoon.
- Cook till other side it cooked properly & you see brown spots on top of paddus.
- Serve hot & cute paddus with green chutney or any coconut chutney.
Post a Comment