This is a sweet and spicy gravy makes a good combination to Ghee rice, chapathi or roti. If you like gravies with sweet taste, then this is for you. Difficulty level of this dish is easy to make.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 3 - 4
Fresh or frozen sweet corn – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 2 (small)/ 1 (large)
Onion – 1
Grated fresh coconut – ¼ cup
Garlic – 4 cloves
Green chilli -1
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cinnamon – small piece
Garam masala – ½ - 1 tsp, adjust to taste
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Coriander seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp (optional)
Lemon juice – 1 tsp (optional)
Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tsp, chopped (for garnishing)
- Chop onions & tomatoes, keep aside. Slit green chilli lengthwise.
- Cook sweet corn with little water and salt. When cooked and tender, switch off the heat and keep aside. It does not take much time to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan. Add few drops of oil, cinnamon and garlic. When garlic is done, add coriander seeds and fry until brown.
- Take grated coconut and fried spices in a mixer jar. Add half the measure of the chopped tomatoes & onions. Add
- Grind the above ingredients to smooth paste adding water if required.
- Now, heat the pan. Add oil, mustard and cumin seeds.
- On spluttering, add slit green chilli and chopped onions. Fry until onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry couple of minutes, until cooked.
- Add salt (not much as already added while cooking the corn), turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add the ground puree (masala), fry it sautéing occasionally until the raw smell goes off.
- Add cooked sweet corn. Adjust the thickness of gravy by adding required water. If it looks watery, then add a tsp of corn flour dissolved in 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Boil the curry and switch off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice (optional) and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot gravy with roti/ flavoured rice like ghee rice or jeera rice.
Post a Comment