Who isn’t a fan of sweet corn? I believe there will be very few hands raied! As I understand, tender (milk stage) sweet corn is one of the most loved cereals in various forms either raw or cooked. Generally it is consumed wither raw in salads or by cooking with salt, butter & pepper as snack! Also it can be used in gravies, rice items, noodles and many more … Look for my recipe of Sweet corn masala here.
Nutritionally, they are rich in fibre, carbohydrates, vitamin (A, B C), Potassium, magnesium etc… When making salads, they go well with other vegetables or can be used alone with little herbs/ spices. Here is a simplest salad recipe of sweet corn which requires very less time to make.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Sweet corn (cob) – 1, or 1 cup fresh corn kernels
Finely chopped onions – 3 tbsp (optional, if you like raw)
Salt - to taste
Green chillis - 1-2, finely chopped or slit (however you like)
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tsp
Fresh grated coconut – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Chat masala – ¼ tsp (optional), I like without
- Separate the sweet corn kernels from the cob.
- In a wide serving bowl, mix corn, grated coconut, chopped onions, chillis & coriander leaves.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well
- Prepare a seasoning of mustard, cumin and roasted peanuts in oil, add it to the salad.
- Sprinkle chat masala & serve fresh.
- Variations can be made by using chopped cucumber or other veggies like carrot/ beetroot.
- This salad tastes great if served fresh. Shelf life of this salad is short. So refrigerate even for an hour.
Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was searching for!ReplyDelete
Wow, that is so nice to know. Thanks for stopping by and reading. We will be happy to come up with new recipes.ReplyDelete