Hello lovely reader, it is just 2 days to go before Christmas. It is the time each home baker is active and I guess preparations would have been kicked off long back! Kids will be happily getting ready for various events either at school or society! It is the time of vacation mood and sweet craving!
Here is a quickest method to make cupcakes which should satisfy the entire requirement during this season. I baked it for my daughter’s school event of Christmas celebration. I tried to make it healthier with the addition of banana. Hope you like this post and going to try it out!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 8 medium muffins
Ripe banana (small variety) – 4 (medium)
All-purpose flour/ maida – ¾ cup
Chiroti rava/ Small semolina – ¼ cup
Cocoa powder – 1 heaping tsp
Salt – a pinch
Sugar – ½ cup
Curds – 4 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Choco chips/ grated milk chocolate – 1-2 tsp (optional)
- Peel banana and chop roughly. Mash the chopped bananas with fingers in a wide mixing bowl. Few chunks are fine to have.
- Add 2 tbsp curds, ghee, sugar and mix well with a spatula.
- Add flour, semolina, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder one by one. Mix thoroughly so that no lumps are found and everything combines evenly.
- See if the batter is of idli batter consistency. It it looks dry, add little curds to adjust.
- Now, preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Fill the cupcake forms with the batter (about ¾th).
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Check inserting a fork after 20 minutes of bake. If it sticks to the fork, then bake for 5 minutes more or until inserted fork comes out clean.
- This is the quickest baking as I observed.
- Banana can be substituted by apple.
- You can add flavours of choice with added spices like cinnamon or nutmeg or vanilla.
- Chopped nuts can be added for enhanced taste.