Sauce or dips always make a plate special. Though you are serving a more complicated dish as a main course, it looks blank without an accomplishment. Choosy & sensitive kids look for the attractive sauce with their snacks! Mayonnaise is the life saver in that case. It is most liked sauce option. It goes well in sandwiches, burger, salad or as great combination with tikkis or cutlets. So it is handy in case of party/ celebrations.
It can be done with mixed herbal powder or with fresh herbs of choice. I usually prefer fresh herb if available easily! Now let us see how to make this quick mayonnaise dip.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Mayonnaise – 3-4 tbsp
Milk – 2-3 tbsp
Crushed herb of choice (Mint) – 1 tsp
Garlic cloves – 5-6
Chat masala/ garam masala – 2 pinches
- Mix milk and mayonnaise in a serving bowl. Beat gently with a spoon to make a single mass.
- Finely chop the cleaned herb with fingers. Add to the mayonnaise.
- Peel and mince garlic very fine.
- Roast the minced garlic in a pan until brown. Add it to the sauce.
- This sauce can be served as side dish for patties/ tikkis, chips, French fries and barbecues…
- It works as a great salad dressing which makes salad creamy and yummy.
- It can be used as a spread on sandwiches & burgers which makes juicy & hence enhances the taste.
- I generally use egg less mayonnaise (regular). You can choose any variant of choice.