Banana & figs, both are very nutritious fruits loaded with vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates… There is no doubt about the richness of a smoothie or rasayana by combining these two super fruits. A bowl of this Rasayana/ smoothie is a great source of energy and it makes a simple dessert as well. As coconut milk is used in making, it is a great option to start any day for vegan diet followers too. So don’t wait more, just try this super easy dessert breakfast. You can add this with any regular breakfast as well. This is no fire dish too..
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ripe Banana – 6 (medium), any sweeter variety is fine
Fresh well ripe figs -4
Jaggery powder – 4 tbsp or as per taste
Thick Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Chopped nuts/ dry fruits (cashews, almonds, pista) – 2 tsp (optional) for garnishing
- Peel off banana, discard skin. Chop into small pieces keeping one banana aside.
- Similarly, wash figs, remove thin skin and chop finely leaving 1 fig.
- Mix Jaggery powder to chopped banana & figs and set aside covered.
- Now take banana & fig which were kept aside while chopping in a mixer jar. Blend to smooth paste by adding little coconut milk.
- Now combine ground puree, remaining coconut milk, chopped fruits mix and jaggery together and mix well.
- Roast chopped nuts and add to the rasayana and serve fresh.
- Adjust the sweet level according to taste. Dates syrup can also be added instead sugar or jaggery.
- You can add other fruits of choice to this smoothie.
- Optionally, you can add choco chips in this.