How do you like your pasta? Is it in creamy white sauce or red tomato sauce or as sweet kheer? Have you ever tried pasta in chilled salad? If so how did you like it?
If not, here the recipe to try! You can make pasta salad with mayonnaise or without it. I love it in tangy lemon dressing with herbs & spices and more fresh vegetables.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Any kind of pasta – 1 cup
Mixed salad veggies diced (cucumber, tomato, carrots, cabbage) – 1.5 cups,You can add or remove any
Lettuce of choice – few leaves, I used frilled lettuce
Herbs of choice (fresh or dried) – finely minced 1 tsp or ¼ tsp mixed Italian seasoning, I used Indian borage leaf
Salt – to taste (about ½ tsp)
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp, adjust to taste
Roasted cumin powder – ¼ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp, you can reduce too
Lemon juice – 2-3 tsp
Vinegar/ apple cidar vinegar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Cook pasta as suggested by the manufacturer. Ie, boil in water with added salt and oil until soft. Drain water, allow cooling.
- Keep the vegetables ready. Wash and cut as you like. Tear washed lettuce with fingers.
- In a large mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, cumin powder, oil, lemon juice & vinegar (if using).
- Add cut vegetables & lettuce, mix well. Add the cooked pasta which is in room temperature. Mix well.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes before serving to marinate well.
- Enjoy pasta salad as your dinner or with lunch.
- To make mayonnaise pasta salad, Add about 3 tsp mayonnaise mixed with 2 tbsp milk instead lemon juice and vinegar.
- You can add vegetables and green leafy vegetables of choice which can be used raw in salads.