Digestive system disorders like stomach discomfort, indigestion, diarrhoea, acidity … are too common problems that everyone faces in life. It may be a post effect of over eating or eating outside frequently or in some cases microbial or even side effect of medication.
About 10 months back, my little daughter fell sick with vomiting and diarrhoea. Without pre knowledge I just tried making simple tambuli of guava leaves and made her to eat it with little rice. It improved her condition in just one serving. Similarly it helped my mom to recover from similar issue too! Later from a cousin, I have learnt that tender guava leaves are greatest remedy for acidity/ gastritis related problems. Making tea is easier too.
Now, let us see how to make this tea!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 cup
Tender guava leave – 4-5 tips
Water – 1 cup
- Wash leaves cleans.
- Keep one cup of water to boil.
- Tear the cleaned leaves with fingers and add to the boiling water.
- Boil for about 1 minute.
- Strain and drink this tea as it is or with added sugar/ jaggery. I prefer without sweetener.
- Before trying any home remedy, please monitor the condition properly.
- If the issue seems to be critical or existing for long time, then consult a physician.
- When giving the tea for small kids/ toddlers, make with less than ¼ cup of water so that it is easy to make them drink.
- Important note, do not add honey to any hot tea. Ayurveda suggests not to add honey to anything with temperature above room temperature!
Thanks for this article..ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for visiting, glad you liked itDelete
Thanks alot for your immediate medication with this leafy tea with us and really it was very fast homeremedy and helpedhimmediatelywe felt and thanks for sahajasiriDelete
My pleasure dear!Delete
Thank you so much for your immediate medication on me also dear..it's really very fast effective medicine and me and my hubby were happy with this leafy tea..thank you sahajasiriReplyDelete
Thank you so much for the comment akka.. I am happy that it helped you both. Try tambuli sometimes too!Delete