Merry Christmas! It December 25, ending one more year with lots of ups & downs Temperature is dropping day by day. All we need is some warmth, cozy winter friendly hot drinks and piping hot fresh food to keep ourselves boosted.
Here is one such winter drink which is easy to whip up. Hot chocolate is that sweet, rich and creamy chocolate drink churned out with some sweet or non-sweet dark or milk chocolate. I made this drink using some sweet milk chocolate by “Campco”. This drink is an all-time family favorite.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Milk – 2 glasses
Chopped Chocolate (Bar)/ chocolate mass– 4 tbsp (about 30 grams)
Sugar – 2 tsp , adjust according to your taste and chocolate you are using
Cocoa powder – ½ tsp (un-sweetened)
Cinnamon powder – 1-2 pinches (optional)
- Chop chocolate bar roughly, take it in a saucepan. I used campco milk chocolate mass in this recipe. You can use any chocolate of choice.
- Add more sugar if using unsweetened chocolate, otherwise reduce the sugar.
- Take milk in a vessel, add sugar. Heat it until it reaches boiling point, need not boil it. Switch off the stove.
- Pour about ¼ cup of warm milk to chocolate and mix gently until chocolate melts down and combines with milk.
- Now pour this choco-milk mix to the remaining milk with sugar.
- Add cinnamon powder too if using.
- Whisk everything well until it makes a smooth drink using a simple hand whisk or you can even use a juice jar.
- If the drink cools down after all this process, heat it up to serve it hot.
- You can optionally top it with whipped cream just before serving.
- Enjoy hot, soothing chocolate drink to boost energy during cold winter evenings.
- Cinnamon, vanilla flavor can be optionally added or you can leave these.
- Chocolate syrup can be used in this recipe too. If using it, reduce chocolate and sugar accordingly.