This is a simplest side dish can be served with neer dosa. People with sweet tooth will relish this combo as desert as well. I am writing this as a post as this dish is an emotion for us, Coastal Karnataka (Havaka community especially) though this recipe is a very simple one. I am also trying to list different dishes that can be paired with Neer dosa. Neer dosa itself is a simple & instant breakfast that we prefer on the go. Even if you soak rice the night, morning you can prepare this dosa as no fermentation required. Check out Neer dosa recipe here!
Some of the
very cool combinations that go very well with neer dosa are:
- Sweet coconut milk: Mix fresh thick coconut milk with Jaggery & pinch of cardamom (optional) & it is done.
- Choice of coconut chutney . Check here for some of chutney collection that I have posted.
- Horsegram sweet chutney
- Sambhar , in specific basale/ Malabar spinach sambhar
- Majjige huli. Check my recipe here.
- & finally, this coconut jaggery mix or bella kai (kayi bella)
time: 10 mins (if you have grated coconut ready😊)
grated coconut – 1/4 cup
jaggery – 3-4 tbsp/ as per taste
– a pinch (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients together. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Serve this fresh mix pairing with neer dosa.
- For enhanced taste, you can mix grated coconut with melted jaggery & heat for few minutes too. This can be kept for longer hours unlike the above one.