This is the easiest way of making okra/ lady’s finger palya/ subzi if you have a microwave oven! I learnt it from my sister recently which is actually her friend’s recipe. Usually I feel making okra palya needs little attention than other stirfries. Should avoid water content in it and requires more oil too. Otherwise, it turns sticky & we end up having burnt pan to wash. It takes just 15 minutes if you are preparing for 2. This makes a perfect combination with rasam & rice or with roti/ chapathi.
I need not mention about the goodness of okras/ ladies’/ lady’s finger, as it is known to be one healthy & tasty vegetable. Fried okras are loved by many! Look for my recipe of Okra raita.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Okras/ tender ladies’ fingers – 15-18
Salt – ¼ tsp, adjust to taste (needs very less)
Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash okras/ bendekais as usual.
- Chop/ cut into desired shape, suggested slicing into rounds or also you can slit them lengthwise.
- Spread chopped vegetables on a microwave compatible bowl/ baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt, chilli powder and oil on top.
- Microwave heat it for 15 minutes (not convection mode).
- Check in between and sauté once just to mix salt and chilli once.
- Once done, take out and serve with rice/ chapathi.
- You can do optional seasoning/ tadka on top.
- Time for heating varies from oven to oven. So keep monitoring when doing for the first time.
- If you feel like little more cooking needed, then heat for 2-3 minutes more.
- Take care, as it chars/ burns fast.
- These microwaved okras can be used in raitas or other dishes where frying required.
- Take care while adding salt as it requires very less (ladies’ finger shrinks on heating)
Post a Comment