Hello there, Hope you are doing great! As every family member is at home most of the time day and night which is actually need for today to fight against Corona. For home makers, it must be question all the time what to cook as there is not many options like going out or getting food from outside. Feeding the family with healthy food is much needed to keep oneself fit too. So, I am sharing a healthy snacks recipe today with protein packed dals. In a way, it is a variant of my ‘Moong dal dokla’. It is baked version of dokla with moong & gram dal.Also find recipe of whole moong dokla here.
Any dal, be it moong or channa (gram) dal, it is packed with protein and many other nutrients! So consuming them on regular basis is highly recommended. Dals are greatest food options during winter and also for growing kids. This snack is sugar-free and hence perfect protein rich food even for diabetics. So let us see the method of making it.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 cupcakes
Moong dal – 1/2 cup
Gram dal – ½ cup
Fine semolina – 1 tbsp
Curds – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp, adjust to taste
Green chillis – 2, as per taste
Ginger – ½ inch
Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Baking/ cooking Soda – ¼ tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Curry leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
Grated fresh coconut – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak dals (moong & gram dal) in water for 1- 2 hours.
- Drain water completely and grind the dals with green chillis, ginger, coconut and salt to make the batter which is neither too fine nor too coarse. Add little water while grinding (2-3 tbsp water).
- Now transfer this to a mixing bowl. Add fine semolina/ chiroti rava, turmeric powder, sugar, curds, crushed cumin and chopped curry leaves. Add 2 tsp oil to this. Mix well to get a batter of pouring consistency (of idli batter). If it is thick, add little curds to adjust.
- Add baking soda and mix lightly once.
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees (convection mode).
- Grease muffin moulds (dish) with few drops of oil. Pour the prepared batter to each cup leaving little space for the cakes to rise.
- When the oven is ready, place the filled muffin tray inside. Bake them for about 15 / 20 minutes or until inserted fork comes out clean. Please do not check before 12 minutes.
- Once done, allow cooling for few minutes. Then, remove from the muffin mould.
- Serve warm savory cupcakes with chutney or choice of sauce (dip) with a cup of coffee/tea.
- Baking time may vary depending on the oven.
- Adjust the spice level to your taste.
Post a Comment