Jackfruit seed is my new obsession which was always a favourite to me. When I saw a post of jack seed milkshake, I was super excited to try & it was so tasty. I posted the recipe in this blog too! Then this idea of kulfi came from my better half. That unique creamy texturte & thickening property of these seeds work really great in kulfi. This recipe is very special to me as this is a winning recipe for me (2nd winner) in a Instagram contest #Starchefchallenge2020. Follow me @nishamithoor in Instagram for the updates!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Freezing: 6-8 hours
Serves: 6-8 kulfi
Jackfruit seeds (of ripe fruit) - 10
Milk - 2 cups
Jaggery powder - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder -1 pinch (optional)
- Peel outermost cover of jackfruit seeds, wash them clean.
- Add about 1 cup of water & cook in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles.
- When pressure is released completely & it's cooled down a bit, take cooked seeds in a mixer jar/ blender, add 1 cup milk, cardamom powder, jaggery and blend to smooth paste.
- Add remaining milk, mix and boil once well.
- Allow cooling.
- Pour this mix to kulfi moulds, close the lid with stick and freeze for about 8 hours.
- Enjoy delicious, satisfying kulfi this summer!
- Boiling milk until it is bit thick (condensed milk) would enhance the kulfi taste.
- Sugar can be added instead jaggery for more of jackseed flavour instead jaggery flavour in kulfi.