Tea, is the drink liked by many in various forms. It can be green tea, black tea or black tea with milk. Sipping a cup of it can be very refreshing. What do you say for a cup of masala chai or spiced tea with milk when it is raining outside or have a gloomy weather? I love it! Here is the process to make it.
Look for the recipes of other teas or beverages Lemongrass& Holy Basil (Tulsi) Green Tea, Lemongrass Green Tea, Blue Tea/ Butterflypea flower Tea, Indian Herbal Tea with Milk and Coriander Cumin milk (tea)powder / Kottambari Jeerige Kashaya hudi.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 cups tea
Water – ½ cup
Tea powder – 1½ tsp
Milk – 1½ cup
Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
Cinnamon – ¼ inch stick crushed
Pepper powder – a pinch
Clove – 1
Cardamom - 1
- Crush all the spices using a mortar and pestle.
- Add the spice powders to ½ cup water in a vessel and bring to boil.
- On boiling, add tea leaf/ powder and boil well. Add milk and allow boiling.
- Strain the tea with a tea strainer.
- Pour to the cups and add sugar as desired. Enjoy hot spiced tea with the snacks.
- Note: You can prepare the mixed spice powder using a dry mixer and use it as and when required. Do not forget to store in an airtight container.