‘King of fruits’, Mango season is still on. Mango is one such fruits which is very tasty, juicy and which blends well into many dishes either raw or ripe! What not, be done with this fruit? Eating alone is heavenly feeling, with that raw mango goes well in curries, pickles, rice, chutney and more… Similarly ripe mango can be eaten, can be used in smoothies, milkshake, custard, jam, Mango rasayana, mango phirni and again curries (especially wild mangoes). I am sharing Milkshake recipe today which is a must have in the season as it is easy to make & delicious. It is a filling drink which can be served with breakfast or anytime during day to energize you.
Look for other milkshake recipes like Avocado Milkshake / Butter fruit/ Benne hannu Milkshake, Chikoo/ Chiku/ Sapota Milkshake, Dry Dates Milkshake/ Karjoora Rasayana/ Dates smoothie, Fresh Rose petal milkshake, Banana Papaya smoothie...
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ripe mangoes – 2 (small) or 1 (big), choose non fibrous & sweet varieties
Chilled milk/ coconut milk – 1.5 glasses
Sugar – 3 tsp, adjust to taste and depending on the sweetness of mango
Ice cubes – few (optional)
Few pieces of mango - for garnishing (optional)
- Wash and peel off the mango skin with a sharp knife, discard skin.
- Cut roughly and collect only pulp with the knife. Scrape out to get the pulp completely. Discard seed.
- Take cold milk, sugar and mango pulp in a blender or mixer juice jar. Blend well to get smooth milkshake.
- Transfer to the serving glass and serve chilled with additional ice cubes if needed.
- You can use any milk of choice like regular milk, coconut milk, almond or soya milk here.
- Optionally you can top this milkshake with choice of roasted nuts or fresh cut fruits before serving.
Post a Comment