Figs are nutritionally rich fruits with lot of health benefits. A glass of thick fig milkshake not only fills stomach but also supplies major nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber…
You can start your day with this healthy drink or can have it during mid-day or even evening. Making of it is very simple as well.
Fresh ripe figs – 3-4
Chilled milk – 1.5 glasses
Sugar/ jaggery – 2 tsp or as per taste, I used sugar
Water – ¼ glass
Ice cubes – few (optional)
- Wash, peel off figs, discard skin and chop roughly
- Blend chopped figs, milk, water and sugar/jaggery together using a blender or mixer jar.
- Transfer to the serving glass, serve chilled with added ice cubes optionally.
- This milkshake thickens a bit as time passes and make sure you have the right consistency before serving. It tastes great even when served thick with a spoon too.
- Adjust the sweetener according to taste.
- If you are looking for vegan option, then replace milk by coconut milk.
- Optionally you can add chopped nuts before serving.