I was always fascinated by the creamy salads and soups during my stay in Germany! I used love them and relish the variety of such salads & pastas as main course. After coming back to India, I did little research on them and could succeed in developing recipe for few of them. Mayonnaise is of great help for this. In today’s post, I am sharing one such recipe which you can try for other items such as pasta.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Vegetables of choice (You can add or remove any of them)
Potatoes – 2
Carrot – 1 medium
Capsicum – 1
Cauliflower/ broccoli – few florets (cleaned)
Onions – 1
Spring onions – 2 stalks (optional)
Fresh mint leaves – 1 tsp (You can use any other herb)
Salt – ¼ tsp
Pepper powder – a pinch (as required)
Original Mayonnaise (veg) – 3-4 tbsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Step 1: Preparing Vegetables
- Wash all the vegetables. Cut potatoes, capsicum, and carrot into chunks or cubes. Avoid chopping too fine.
- Cook above vegetables and cauliflower (if using) with very little water in a pressure cooker or in a vessel until tender.
- Peel off and slice onions. Clean & chop spring onions roughly and set aside. When other vegetables are cooked, add onions & spring onions & just heat them up (not needed to cook well, need to wilt them). Sprinkle salt and mix well.
Step 2: Preparing sauce
- Mix milk and mayonnaise in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle ground pepper and crushed mint (or herb of your choice).
- Mix the vegetables with the sauce at the time of serving. Serve fresh!